So today was my regular fun and exhausting Thursday. Of course Wednesday night I stayed up pretty late until I could complete homework (3am-ish). I had to complete some logo concepts for my After Effects class and finish modeling a penguin from the movie "Surf's Up" by Sony Entertainment for Maya.
Amazingly this morning I wasn't too tired from the few hours of rest that I had acquired. I arrived to After Effects class right on time. Sadly my logo designs weren't as "up to par" as the teachers standard...too simple I guess, but that's exactly what I want to go for and that's what EVERYONE tells me about logos is to simplify. Meh oh well hopefully this week I can get it right. It was kind of preliminary rounds for everyone in the class so that's encouraging.
For lunch I went to grab some Carl's Jr. with this girl Valeria from class (we basically have the same schedule). She's pretty chill it was good getting to know someone from the major a bit better.
Maya was decent, this week's book lesson now I need to "texture" the penguin I modeled in the computer so in non-geek talk add color to it. Also, work on my midterm project and get most of the modeling completed on my toy I'm putting in the computer. (Yoshi from Mario Bros.)
Editing was interesting. Definitely a new experience that I'm not interested in doing again lol. We had to come up with a story line that could be shot at the school. Then we were paired up into groups of 3 and shot the takes. I had to do some wonderful acting...not.. I hate being in front of the camera...that's why I'm in editing, I do the post-production lol. SOOO camera shy, but definitely an experience! It was cool being able to film some stuff as well. I loved the hand's on.
Now I'm home and completely exhausted from a long day of classes and so much thinking haha. Gonna try and keep it low key tonight. Maybe pop in Wall-E and observe the animation techniques. For some reason on my walk home I was so excited to get home and do something, but now that I'm here I realize I didn't really have anything planned. Ha what a loser, maybe I was excited to get home and rest.
OH and I guess there's this competition going on with the school. It's nation-wide judging and a lot of the stuff ends up being on youtube and if you enter the competition it's for a reality series (lame I know) something along the lines of a FIDM Life. BUT a Digital Media student and a Graphic Design student get paired up for this contest (i don't have all of the info on it because a lot of it is kept under wraps for now i guess) and each student can win a MacBook. I'm not so interested in the actual computer but the selling it and getting money part I am lol. I don't know though I wouldn't want it to distract from the homework I have with school so I guess we shall see I still have a week to sign up if I decide to do it.
Anyway, I'm gonna start my relaxing and get some early shut eye. Love you all xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment