Friday, April 24, 2009

Finding My Niche


    Wednesday. I had class in the morning 830 until about 11:15 came home and then had to hurry and drive the Uhaul van back up to Studio City. I cleaned the kitchen and then had a bite to eat before I headed up. Brandon helped me with everything (like picked me up from the Uhaul place and moving stuff) thank you very much! Afterwards we went back to Crystal and his old apartment to gather the last bit of stuff. Of course we had to talk about films for a little bit. I had to hurry and get back down to school though because I had to work on filming a montage for editing class. 
    I got home and walked over to school to meet up with Claudia so that we could help each other film our montages. We had to batch and capture our tapes...everything was going over quite well when for some reason the time code was off when we were trying to capture mine. (Not to mention they made it difficult to film any where because we got kicked out of the library for filming and we couldn't film out on the park...geez how obnoxious! How are we supposed to do our homework of "filming a montage at the school" if they don't let us! Luckily we finished. lol 
    For the remainder of the evening (it's not about 7pm) I just went home and worked on homework all night until about 2am. Thanks to Wesley for helping me out with a couple ideas on my logo for my after effects class!
    Thursday. My intense 9hours of school day. Had after effects class and luckily my logos went over decent...the hard part is figuring out how i want to animate them to come together in After Effects because all of my designs are pretty static. 
   After that class went to grab some quiznos with Valeria for lunch and then we headed up to Maya class. Didn't finish my textbook homework for the class sadly, but I did end up working on my toy modeling. Jung (our teacher) went around and helped us all out with our toy modeling and its actually coming together really well. I just need to finish the modeling and then add texture by next class. 
    Our next class was Editing. Because I wasn't able to batch and capture my footage (i had emailed the teacher before hand) he was understanding and helped me see where I was having the issues with the time code. SO annoying because we (Claudia and I) got it all down perfectly with hers! So this week I have to cut my montage along with this weeks homework of shooting one scene but concentrating on composition and lighting because we just barely went over lighting in class. Like I can say with most things in this industry, fricken intense! I had no idea how much goes into every little detail of everything in the animation, filming, designing and editing world. It's all taken for granted :(
    After class Claudia and I went over to ESPNzone at LA live for dinner. We had a good talk and got to know each other more and talked a lot about classes. Then two guys came up and asked if they could sit with us and if we let them they'd pay for our bill. (our bill ended up being $40 plus tip) so we agreed. haha We got their at perfect timing because it was right before the crowd rush and we had the perfect seat to watch the playoffs game of Lakers vs. Jazz we left before half time but Jazz were ahead and I later found out that the Jazz won!! WOOHOO haha (outside of ESPNzone they were filming for Iron Man 2) 
    We walked back to my apt because she parked there and then we parted our ways. I just ended up doing some reading for art history and then getting ready for bed and passing out early (11pm-ish) 
    Today should be fun. I'm gonna get ready and then Claudia and i are headed to costco to get some liquor and then tonight with Valeria I think we're going out dancing, but we'll see. haha 
    I'm really excited for next week because Kelbie (Kelsey) comes into town. I fricken love this girl, she's like a little sister to me. We even have the same birthday...she's just three years younger. She won a state competition so she's coming out here with her school for nationals. I'm so proud of her!! I think on the 30th we're going to a Dodgers game which is really exciting because I've been wanting to go and then she invited me to go with them to Disneyland, but we'll see if I don't have class or homework to do on that day. Anyway...should be having some good times ahead of me :) 
    I'm also really happy because I feel like I'm finally finding my niche. I still miss my family and friends but I'm not hating this place so badly. I've been working on looking at everything out here in a more positive light then I had been the first few months of being out here. I've tried focusing on exploring and doing as much as I can to keep myself busy and it's been going over fairly well. Well i better get going have to get ready for today! 
    P.S. the picture above is of Iron Man 2 being filmed in LA Live. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment