Friday (yesterday) was a very nice relaxing day. I basically turned full throttle into a movie junkie this day. It was awesome! SO LAZY! Okay okay, so I actually did get some stuff done. I did lounge around in sweats all day though. I had the lovely opportunity to get to clean the apartment again, that was lots of fun. Just did laundry, cleaned the mirrors, and cleaned the kitchen.
I watched the last half of Wall-E (i fell asleep watching it the other night), Made of Honor, Kung Fu Panda, Smart People, and Madagascar 2. I know I gotta get a life soon. Now my take on all of those?
Wall-E, really good movie. I liked it a lot. Very cute story! It's kind of scary to think how that's the direction that our society could take with things because we are so dependent on technology already and as American's are so damn lazy it's almost like its inevitable lol jk. But it really struck me, because it's like ya when these little kids are watching these animation movies they don't understand some of the relevance thats implied, but the animators/story tellers/director's are intelligent. They know that mommy and daddy are gonna be seeing the movies with the kids and that deeper meaning to the movies is not only implanted into the kids at a young age such as Go Green, but it strikes the adult audience as well. I just think it's very talented to incorporate such a wide demographic and send the same message for multiple levels to comprehend.
Made of Honor, I loved this movie. It's very very cute! Definitely one of those movies that I mark up as another one of my hopeless romantic movies that's a typical girls "i wish that would happen to me" kind of thing but in all actuality it never really will. Like the Notebook lol. What i don't understand though is that,...well i mean i guess "love conquers all", but I don't think I could possibly swallow the fact if the person I married was a huge hoe before we dated and slept around with half the people I know and then lots and lots more. I don't know...shoot me, I think sex is a very personal and emotional experience between two people and should remain sacred and used minimally.
Kung Fu panda, also very cute. The end message is belief in ones' self basically. I liked it a lot.
Madagascar 2, very family and friend based I really enjoyed that message. very cute.
Smart People, I thought it was slow at first. It was an independent film that went through Sundance I think so I should have imagined it to be somewhat. I really enjoyed this movie because it's so-o completely true. You know those VERY intelligent people that you meet and they either have absolutely no common sense or they are entirely socially inept if not both? That's basically what this film is about. It's funny because I definitely have met a few of those people. When it comes down to it, smarts (book smarts) isn't everything in life. You can have the perfect SAT score, know EVERYTHING, and not be happy if you cut off ties from the "stupid people" in your life. Face it....you need us hehe... jk but really...gotta keep things interesting! And where's the fun in learning and exploring if you already know everything? haha I prefer constantly being curious.
After all of my lovely films and cleaning had been finished around 8pm Alexis and I head out to Victorville just a bit west of San Bernardino I think. If not whatever direction we were...it was a little over 80 miles away. It was like a fun mini road trip. We drove out there because we were picking up her mom and her little sister so they can explore the LA town with her.
Saturday (Today) I had class from 830AM until 3PM It was Survey of Western Art 2. We covered the early, high, and northern Renaissance. Very interesting I'll give it that. The long class wasn't that bad actually. Granted I have like 4-5 textbook chapters to read by next Saturday, and a quiz even though that was my first day of class I'm actually really excited. I already love art history, but next Saturday when we meet up we're taking the quiz and then we have lecture then the second half of class we're meeting over at LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Arts) I'm really excited to be able to go there! I've been meaning to hit up all the museums and what better time? Also on our last class day (the 5th week) for the last half of class the teacher is thinking of having us meet at MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Arts) also really close by! So i'm pretty stoked about all of that!
After class I headed over to the Getty Center. I arrived at about 430PM and left around 745PM I was sad that I didn't have the opportunity to attend everything that I wanted to (didn't make it to every room) I know they were open for another hour longer, but I was getting so so so tired that I knew enable to make the drive home safely I should probably leave. I knew that was going to happen because the night before I wasn't tired for some reason (probably the chai lol) so I didn't go to bed until a little after 2am and then having class early and watching slides in the dark for 6 hours didn't help boost that energy. Basically I guess I'm saying it's been a pretty lethargic day all day.
After the museum I decided I'm not that huge of a fan of Rembrandt. I don't know... portraits and landscapes are like what he specializes in and they just don't hold my interest. He's a good artist, I just prefer more conflict and action. :) I tend to go towards biblical or mythological pieces.
Well I'm home now, I had a lot of fun at the Getty Center today and tomorrow we'll see what kind of crazy stuff I come up with haha just kidding we'll probably hit low-key again or focus energy on homework. Love you all xoxo - Britt
I have a good variety of pictures posted on Facebook so check them out :)
No comments:
Post a Comment