Today was a beautiful day! The temperature was in the high 60's with a little breeze. The sun beating down warming your skin and then the breeze hits and sends chills over your body only to be warmed up again by the radiating sun. Perfect!
For a majority of the day time I stayed in, but the afternoon I head out to grab chai, which I have been craving for weeks, from my favorite coffee shop, Aroma. It's up in Studio City just within walking distance of Crystal's old apartment off Moorpark and Tujunga Avenue in Tujunga Village. As I was driving up and finding parking I suddenly became really sad. The urge to call or text Crystal and ask her to join me was so powerful, but I couldn't...because she isn't here anymore. As this realization was hitting me tears began to fill my eyes and my heart longed for my best friend as I tried to distract myself as I was walking up to the little shop.
Aroma, this little coffee shop is by far my favorite of any I've been to so far. It's situated in what looks like a small one story house. The inside is small and quaint the service is always friendly. I placed my order and received what I like to call "the best chai ever." I walked outside and around to the back and sat there just thinking. I smiled at how beautiful this place was. This is a kind of shop you definitely wouldn't find in downtown Los Angeles. The back has a brick walkway with many tables and chairs scattered about with umbrellas to block the sun, but plenty of seating to accommodate those who enjoy the rays. A variety of small fountains and beautiful greenery sprouted everywhere. This little coffee shop is my little getaway from busy LA.
For lunch I drove over to City Wok which is also in Studio City I decided to go here because my friends Crystal and Brandon had recommended it to me just a week ago. I ordered take out of a half order of orange chicken and head over to blockbuster while they prepared my meal. I gave into a huge temptation while at blockbuster and indulged in a variety of used movies they had on sale. Many of them animation movies that I could study or "study" lighting, texture, and shading techniques. (ie: Wall-E, Madagascar 2, and Kung Fu Panda). I also got a good variety of action, comedy, and romance movies. I had a horrible gut feeling after this good purchase I made, but I tried to remind myself how good i'd been at cutting back on buying make-up, clothes, and going out to movies so I could reward myself a little bit as long as I kept up the trend of cutting back.
On the drive home I hit traffic, traffic never seems to bother me out here for some reason. I'm not sure if it's because I just always expect it or if I'm never in a rush to get anywhere since I've been here. Because we we're moving so slowly on the freeway I rolled my windows down to get the fresh air flowing through my car to fully appreciate the beautiful day.
Upon my arrival at home from wonderland, the place has been a disaster zone since I got home last week and has been driving me nuts. I feel like I just cleaned the place a couple of days ago and it gets messy so quickly. I did a good deep cleaning job of what I could do.
It's almost time now for the Jazz vs. Lakers game that I've been wanting to go to ever since November of last year. I tried looking up tickets, but sadly sold out. Not to mention, no one who would be interested in going to the game with me. A few other random things I want to go to but try and distract myself from are the Britney Spears concert on Thursday and Friday. Things like the Jazz game and the Britney concert it's kind of hard to distract myself from since the Staples Center is literally right down the street from me with a parking lot right outside the balcony of my apartment. Also, it would be just glamorous if I could go to the Jeff Dunham comedy show in Bakersfield this Sunday. Too bad it costs so much and no one to really take that adventure with.
I was discussing with Alexis today about taking a weekend trip up to San Francisco sometime soon. I hope it doesn't end up just being talk and we actually follow through with it. I miss the bay area, especially Monterey.
There's just so much to do out here in California and not enough time to do it all! I wanna see everything and do everything! Just have to find the means to accomplish it all. I think this coming week I want to try and go to a museum. Maybe I'll try the Getty Center on Monday since I'm holding off on doing the Getty Villa again for whenever my parents come visit me because I'm sure my father will love that museum, it's gorgeous.
Well I have homework and taxes to tend to. Have a wonderful, brilliant and beautiful day just as I have had. Loves xoxo - Britt
No comments:
Post a Comment