Sunday, started out very plane and boring. Upon my awakening I immediately got online hoping to find something interesting to do for the day. Checking out San Diego and various museums or amusement parks etc.
As the afternoon rolled around and I looked at the clock and it said 1 o' clock my wanderlust spirit began to die down. I was running out of time to have a long adventure to somewhere like San Diego and decided I'd rather have it more planned out then a spontaneous thing.
Luckily, Nikki text me and asked if I wanted to go exploring with her. Just driving around and grab some coffee at Starbucks. We had plans for dinner at 5 so this was even better for me. Great minds think a like what can I say lol.
I drove up to her place which is about 17 miles north of where I live. I drove past the Getty Center on my way up. I arrived at her place and we walked over to Starbucks and then headed out on our grand adventure.
We drove along Pacific Coast Highway (PCH aka HWY 1) and past Santa Monica beach and Malibu. It was such a gorgeous day out. In the valley it was about 100 degrees, by the beach 80 and by downtown in the 90's. We drove around Santa Monica and various other towns. She showed me UCLA and Pepperdine. We drove through Bel-Air and Brentwood.
It felt like a wonderful cleansing day almost lol. If that makes sense. It's just good to get some greenery in and not just cement and buildings like I do every other day of the week walking around down town :)
She took me to Carney's so I got to try Pink's competition! lol (Hot dogs) it was alright neither is that brag worthy I think. Then for dessert I took her to Yogurtland to try out the awesome-ness that they have haha.
As the day came to wrap she drove home and I got in my car and drove out to Rosemead to go to Walmart and get some cheap food. Then headed home had a wonderful ending by talking on the phone with Lindsay and then my mom. It definitely put the cherry on top of my day. The day was absolutely amazing! I'm excited for the future I'm hoping to be able to hit up San Diego soon. I'm glad I got to know Nikki a bit better because she's totally with me on the exploring everything that life has to offer.
No comments:
Post a Comment