Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Life and it's Paths

    Saturday: I had class from 830am until 3pm. First thing we had a quiz and then the rest of the day was mainly a lecture. I ended up just going back home and chilling at the apartment and talking to Truong until about 5pm and then headed over to Brandon's. We geeked out about our industry until 9pm and we video chat with Crystal for a bit. Boy how I sure do miss her!! I finally returned Children of Men to Brandon and he let me borrow seven other movies. I head home and then just had some dinner and watched SNL with Justin Timberlake hosting. It was hilarious!
    Sunday: Watched 6 of the 7 movies that Brandon let me borrow. Yes, a total loser kind of day but I learned out here (which I was completely against out in Utah) is that sometimes its good to have some alone time to think. Watched movies and did some homework while watching them. Mostly animated movies. The Iron Giant, Robots, Flushed Away, Horton Hears a Who, Monster House, and Big. All of the movies were very cute! 
    Monday: Woke up and got ready to go to USC for the campus tour to check out the School of Cinematic Arts. Claudia and I thought the tour was awesome. USC is an amazing school. Very expensive, but I do like the aspect of the extra curricular groups available etc. The plus sides of the school are: 1. Like a regular university I can major and minor. 2. They have a career placement center that will help you to find a job 3. The student pride is huge, and so is the Trojan family 4. Because of that the career placement center has an alumni database of alumni who are willing to help you find a job or internship in your major 5. University vibe with the private school class sizes. 6. They offer a Master's degree which is hard to find for this major. I do have a lot of information to still figure out and to ask them along with some research of other schools, but USC sounds amazing so far and it definitely peaks my interest! I have at least about 4 more months to research before applications are due so I'm not too worried, I'd just like to have it figured out because I'm getting nervous with graduating FIDM in less then a year. 
    After the tour just went home and went to Target with Alexis. Claudia came over after and we discussed our options for a bit with the school and looked at information about other schools. Helped Alexis out a bit with her photo shoot for her class out in the pool area and talked to the leasing officer of our apartment because her boyfriend went to the Academy of Arts up in San Francisco and now works for Sony Pictures. There's just so many options, I want to make sure I find the right school for me. 
    Then had a roommate night out. Grabbed a cupcake from Crumbs in Beverly Hills and then grabbed a burrito from Danny's taco stand by the school. SO GOOD! This was the first time all of us roommates have gone out together this quarter...so it was good. (Truong mostly slept in the backseat but it was still fun lol) 
    
    I just want to say that I am very grateful for everything and I really appreciate all that has happened to me. The good and the bad. Yes, I've been through some pretty fucked up stuff relationship wise but I don't regret it. Not to mention, who hasn't been through some hard times? I've learned so much from it. I was at one time willing to wait for a guy to get his shit in order before I pursued my independency. That has never been "me". I felt as though as soon as I did pursue my independency that's when things got weird. I have learned not to trust as quickly. I felt damaged. I dated sure. But it took me a good year and a half to finally actually like someone again. It was relieving to know that I still had a heart that could work. I'm entirely happy with where I am at now and couldn't imagine life if i were tied down. No freedom at all. I'm young! I'm 21 and living life with lots of new adventures. I don't have to report to anyone and emotionally I'm free. I have so many options ahead of me that a guy would only mess things up for me. (Not to sound rude, but I know I'd dedicate too much time to him). People tell me I should date...But why if I have no interest in it right now? I'm happy being selfish for once and focusing on me and my career path. I'm the most ambitious I've been in a long time and I love it. I'm figuring myself out and I think that's what this time is for. I want to do everything and anything and I freak out thinking that life is all too short for everything that I want to accomplish. Let's just leave it at I'm ecstatic for the future and nervous for the hard times but bring it all on because I'm ready to live life to it's fullest. 

P.S. I won a free fandango movie ticket online. How funny huh?! Hehe That stuff never happens to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment